Monday, September 1, 2014

Jackpine Jamboree!

I was so fortunate this past weekend to be able to travel north with the family to attend and participate in The Jackpine Jamboree!  This is a sort of neo-bluegrass/old-time musical festival run by my long time friends, Stef and Jimers from the new-bluegrass/old-time musical group, Sloppy Joe.  Stef called me and said, 'you HAVE to get up here and play with our friend from Georgia, Ralph Roddenberry!'  I said, 'OK!'  It did my heart a whole lot of good to get up there and reconnect with some of my dear old friends.  

Wisconsin is full of this kind of thing


The campground was quite nice.  It's amazing what people can do with their campsites.  The lake was beautiful and warm.  We brought the kayak up so the kids could explore. 


Next to the lake was a porta-potty that looks like it might be older than I am.  


Look out for jugalows!


Rain was the bane of the festival, but these Wisconsin folks are pretty hardy.  There was quite a collection of people in the early afternoon and tons more in the camping area.  They came and went as different artists took the stage or as the rain dictated.  Despite the rain, people we're in great spirits and endured the elements.



Horseshoes and Handgrenades we're incredible!  They are very tight, very fun, high-energy juice!  A great bunch of guys as well, I'm very happy to have met them and hear their music.


Later that night I took the stage with Ralph Roddenberry, Jeff Sachs and Jamie 'Scallywag'.  Wow.  Just, wow.  Ralph, we love you!  I cannot wait until our next encounter!  It was a pleasure and an honor to work with ya!






No comments:

Post a Comment