After much haranguing and even much more ado, we have managed to cobble together the tire knee wall which will form the foundation for the dome.
Ya know, I very much could have done without the foundation and simply moved the dome into this location and said 'da hell widdit' - but there are advantages (aside from the education and sore lower back) to having this structure in place. Besides, I am fascinated by 'Earth Ship' building, so it was a done deal from the get-go.
In future posts, I will take you on a little journey where I attempt to make a sort of Earthen plaster out of clay that I dig right on site, some hay, a little concrete and possibly some horse manure. No, no, no - I'm not shitting you (pa-dum-bump!) =D
The dome has been lifted and moved into place. With 6 friends, we easily moved the structure into place.
Sitting on top of the world.
Next steps will be to ratchet the structure down onto the anchors that we installed, build a door way, and wrap the dome in poly greenhouse tarp. At that point, the bare minimum will be complete on the greenhouse. Then after THAT we will be installing the solar heater (as soon as I can get my hands on a low power inline DC blower and a solar panel), building raised beds, applying Earth plaster to the walls, and putting in a hammock. Other niceties will be a water catch system for catching rain water.